Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy offers a free full-day Pre-K For All Program for NYC residents. Our program provides a safe and nurturing environment where children are individually challenged to achieve greatness through developmentally appropriate practices. We strive to create an environment of independent learners that contribute to the classroom environment by exploring, sharing ideas, and actively interacting in the classroom. Social and emotional growth is promoted through peer-to-peer interactions, as well as strong teacher-child interactions throughout the day. A healthy breakfast, lunch and snack are provided every day.
Our teachers align all units of study to the NYS Pre-K Learning Standards. The curriculum focuses on children’s growth within five specific areas: Approaches to Learning, Physical Development and Health, Social and Emotional Development, Communication Language and Literacy, and Cognition and Knowledge of the World. We prepare each child for the next level of education through hands-on-experiences and developmentally appropriate activities. These activities include the implementation of our Mathematics curriculum, Building Blocks. Through Building Blocks children engage in and learn various mathematical concepts which are the foundation for future math experiences.
Each child enrolled at Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy will learn through exploring a variety of centers in the classroom. These include, and are not limited to, Listening/Library Center, Sensory Tables (Sand & Water), Dramatic Play Area, Block Center, Writing Center, Music Center, Art Center, and Science Center. We are proud to have state of the art iPads and a SmartBoard for children to use in each Pre-K class. Centers are chosen by the children independently and promote sharing, cooperation and problem solving. Through small group activities and hands-on exploration, your child will learn as he/she engages in the daily routines. The Pre-K Program utilizes the school gymnasium, auditorium, computer room, foreign language room, and music room. Each week parents are invited to come join us for “Music Together” class.
We strive to create a clean and healthy environment. Each classroom has air purifiers and ventilation. Our classrooms are disinfected nightly, and toys are sanitized throughout the day. Each classroom has a full working sink.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment to see our program, please call the office at (718) 229-4434.
- Mrs. Carolina Quijije (Educational Director, 3K & Pre-K For All) holds a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education. Before becoming an Educational Director, Mrs. Quijije taught Universal Pre-K.. She joined Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament in 2015.
- Mrs. Kathryn Randazzo (Lead Teacher) has been teaching at Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament since 2007. She has taught first and second grade. She is now our Pre-K teacher and loves it! She holds a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Mrs. Colleen Cronin (Lead Teacher) joined Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament staff in 2011 as our Pre-K teacher. She holds a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education. Mrs. Cronin enjoys implementing creative lessons that are aligned to the Pre-K Learning Standards.
- Mrs. Josephine Banome (Teacher Assistant) was the Teaching Assistant in our Kindergarten Program for over 20 years. She joined the Pre-K for All team in 2019. Her passion for helping children is shown each day through her devotion to students.
- Mrs. Denise Hoffman (Teacher Assistant) sets out each day to fill the classroom with creativity, patience and enthusiasm for learning. Mrs. Hoffman is the loving mother of two daughters. She joined Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament in 2016.
- Mrs. Angela Moretto (Floater) joined our 3K & Pre-K team in 2020. Mrs. Moretto enjoys challenging the children daily. Her passion for young children is evident as she strives to promote respect in her daily work.
- Mrs. Sioux Sciacca (Floater) joined our 3K & Pre-K team in 2020. Mrs. Sciacca is a nurturing and welcoming teacher. With praise and modeling, she teachers children how to be kind and friendly to others at all times.