As OLBSCA eagerly looks toward reopening in Fall 2020, the Board of Directors and Staff would like to share the following details on our plans. While we do not have a complete outline at the present time — pending further guidance from the State offices — these are the updates as of July 11, 2020.
- Automatic faucets have been installed.
- Automatic sanitizer dispensers, soap dispensers, and hand towel dispensers have been installed.
- Air purification and ionization machines have been purchased.
- Contactless thermometers have been purchased to check students and staff at entry.
- Increased cleaning protocols have been implemented and electrostatic spraying will occur each evening.
- In-person classes, pending State guidance, will be held socially distanced.
- When in-person classes are held, we intend to have before and after school available too (socially distanced).
- Masks will need to be worn throughout the day by both students and staff. We are purchasing masks in the event a student is forgetful, but parents should prepare to have on hand a number of cloth masks to rotate through during the week for their child(ren).
- If distance learning is implemented, a more structured schedule will be used as compared to last year. Specific class times will be scheduled.
As we learn more from health, government, and education officials, we will update this page. Please know our plans to reopen will proceed with health and safety as paramount in all our decisions. We will be meeting all requirements and go beyond them when possible.