Please join us on Sunday, December 6 from 8:30am – 2:30pm for a Blood Drive at the Bay Terrace Shopping Center.
Appointments are preferred. Reserve your spot now!
We are pleased to announce that OLBSCA will be proceeding with in-class and also distance learning this September. The plan below (available here) has been submitted to NY State and details our intentions for the Fall. Please thoroughly review the plan.
Questions and your remote learning requests can be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
As OLBSCA eagerly looks toward reopening in Fall 2020, the Board of Directors and Staff would like to share the following details on our plans. While we do not have a complete outline at the present time — pending further guidance from the State offices — these are the updates as of July 11, 2020.
- Automatic faucets have been installed.
- Automatic sanitizer dispensers, soap dispensers, and hand towel dispensers have been installed.
- Air purification and ionization machines have been purchased.
- Contactless thermometers have been purchased to check students and staff at entry.
- Increased cleaning protocols have been implemented and electrostatic spraying will occur each evening.
- In-person classes, pending State guidance, will be held socially distanced.
- When in-person classes are held, we intend to have before and after school available too (socially distanced).
- Masks will need to be worn throughout the day by both students and staff. We are purchasing masks in the event a student is forgetful, but parents should prepare to have on hand a number of cloth masks to rotate through during the week for their child(ren).
- If distance learning is implemented, a more structured schedule will be used as compared to last year. Specific class times will be scheduled.
As we learn more from health, government, and education officials, we will update this page. Please know our plans to reopen will proceed with health and safety as paramount in all our decisions. We will be meeting all requirements and go beyond them when possible.
Our teachers and students can’t wait to be back together again! While we’re all staying safe, teaching and learning from home, we’re sharing the next best thing – messages, videos, and stories from OLBSCA faculty and staff. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what your favorite folks are up to, and to connect with students and teachers as we foster our online community!
You can view all the videos here:
A happy, healthy, and blessed Easter from the faculty, staff, and Board of Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy! We miss you all and can’t wait to be together again soon.
Our 7th grade football team found a creative way to “catch up” with one another while we’re all staying home and staying safe. We all miss our sports – but they still enjoyed a game of (virtual) catch!
Follow us on Instagram (@olbscapa) and on Facebook (Parent Association @olbscapa; and school @olbsca) to keep in touch with the OLBSCA community. And keep on posting and tagging your photos so we can share your smiling faces! #olbsproud