Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy offers a free full-day 3K For All Program for NYC residents. Our program provides a safe and nurturing environment where three-year-olds are given the opportunity to develop socially, intellectually and physically through developmentally appropriate practices. We strive to create an environment of independence and language rich activities. Through prompting and support, our nurturing teachers promote social and emotional development by guiding our little ones to express their feelings and thoughts. A healthy breakfast, lunch and snack are provided every day.
Our teachers align all units of study to the Early Learning Outcomes Framework. These standards focus on children’s growth within six specific areas: Approaches to Learning, Social & Emotional Development, Language & Communication, Literacy, Cognition: Mathematic & Scientific, and Perceptual, Motor & Physical Development. As teachers observe the children in the classroom, they are able to prepare and individualize activities to aid in meeting set goals for each child.
Each child enrolled at Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy will learn through exploring a variety of centers in the classroom. These include, and are not limited to, Library Center, Sensory Tables (Sand & Water), Dramatic Play Area, Block Center, Writing Center, Music Center, Art Center, and Science Center. We are proud to have state of the art iPads and a SmartBoard for children to use in 3K. During center time, we promote sharing, cooperation and problem solving. Through small group activities and hands-on exploration, your child will learn as he/she engages in the daily routines. Our 3K program utilizes the school gymnasium, auditorium, computer room, foreign language room, and music room. Each week parents are invited to come join us for “Music Together” class.
We strive to create a clean and healthy environment. Each classroom has air purifiers and ventilation. Our classrooms are disinfected nightly, and toys are sanitized throughout the day. 3K has a full working bathroom and two sinks in the classroom. Each child has their individual cubby and cot for nap time.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment to see our program, please call the office at (718) 229-4434.
- Mrs. Carolina Quijije (Educational Director, 3K & Pre-K For All) holds a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education. Before becoming an Educational Director, Mrs. Quijije taught Universal Pre-K.. She joined Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament in 2015.
- Mrs. Kimberly Marchetti (Lead Teacher) holds a Masters Degree in Early Childhood Educations. She joined Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Academy in 2016. Her high spirit and energetic attitude helps create a loving, fun, nurturing and exciting environment in 3K.
- Mrs. Patricia Jensen (Assistant Teacher) joined our 3K team in 2019. Mrs. Jensen enjoys creating a positive environment for the children where they can grow, explore and learn.
- Mrs. Angela Moretto (Floater) joined our 3K & Pre-K team in 2020. Mrs. Moretto enjoys challenging the children daily. Her passion for young children is evident as she strives to promote respect in her daily work.
- Mrs. Sioux Sciacca (Floater) joined our 3K & Pre-K team in 2020. Mrs. Sciacca is a nurturing and welcoming teacher. With praise and modeling, she teachers children how to be kind and friendly to others at all times.